Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 14, A New Week

Here we still are. Today Maddy will get another round of pheresis and the third round of chemo. She is pretty worn out from it all and trying to keep her spirits up. They are still checking her kidney functions frequently and also doing other blood work every hour to check levels of different things. Gotta keep all of the big picture in view. We were hoping for some antibody results today but so far we got nada! They have been working on Maddy for over an hour now trying to get this round of pheresis going. The first try there was a problem with her platelets I think. Then they had to change the dressing on her central access site. I'm hoping all goes smoothly this time around. The machine is spinning up again as I type and I'm finding myself holding my breath waiting for it to beep and say its not gonna do it. Ok, I see albumen moving out of the bottle... And there is plasma going into the bag! We have lift off people! That is a relief. If there was a problem with her central line I would hate to think about how long that would take to correct. Which would put us way behind schedule on these treatments and she would never get to go home.

That's my view during Maddy's pheresis treatment. That big bag full of yellow stuff is her blood plasma which they throw away.

So, tonight after this treatment she will get her next round of chemo. Then tomorrow is a rest day. Hopefully we will have some results about her antibody levels by then. Meanwhile it's just sit and wait and try not to feel too rotten from the chemo. Oh and did I mention the pheresis makes her cold now? So it's about a hundred degrees in the room! I should do some hot yoga! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment