Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A girl and her kitty!

 

Glad to be home! Last night was very calm for Maddy. She was able to get to sleep early and not disturbed very much in the night. I stayed at TGH with her over night and headed out to work shortly after 6AM so I could get in a half day work before she was totally up. By around 8:30 she texted me to let me know that she was getting out and that she would text me when the discharge paperwork was done. I was able to get my work done and be Bach to TGH by noon to pick her up. We were out pretty quickly after that.

My night and day on the other hand didn't go quite as painlessly. Last night as I was out picking up my clothes for the overnight and grabbing Maddy some good food to take to the hospital the battery light in my jeep came on. That usually means the alternator is going out. As if on que the whole car started running pretty badly as the computer began shutting down everything not nessessry to run the car. Fortunately I made it home and had Maddy's car as a back up. Also fortunately the alternator was located right on top of the engine so I was pretty sure I could replace it on my own. So that's what I spent my day doing after I got Maddy home.

Maddy is feeling fine. Happy to be home but still recovering from the whole ordeal. Also the after effects of the steroids will probably keep her from feeling 100% for a little while yet. The docs are working on getting these last hoops taken care of so they can get her back on the list. A few of the issues she is dealing with are insurance and getting in to be seen by her new primary care physician so the lung docs can get all the authorizations they need.

Thanks again for all the prayers. Please keep them coming for a quick and safe transplant. Also please share the Go Fund Me link so Maddy can make her goal, get her car up to 100% and make it easier to get around.

 

4 comments:

  1. How is she doing? There hasn't been an update in awhile. I think about her often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in. I only update this blog when Maddy goes into the hospital or has a major life event. So no updated means she is doing ok. Maddy has been updating her Go Fund Me page more frequently so if you want to check in on her thats the best place to do it. http://www.gofundme.com/b1iqns

      Delete
  2. Does she have a facebook page?

    ReplyDelete