Friday, July 29, 2011

Surgery Information

Maddy went back for the Nissen procedure at about 10:15 this morning. We are praying everything goes well. There are a few issues that can come up because of her previous abdominal surgeries that could complicate things. The procedure is laproscopic so usually they go in through the belly button and then two little punctures on the sides of her abdomen. Because she had the feeding tube before her stomach is attached to her abdominal wall. They have to disconnect that piece of tissue to do the Nissen. Dr. Goldin said he will try his best to do it laproscoprically but there is the possibility they will have to actually open her up. I really hope they don't have to do that because that will double her recovery time. And she really does not want to hang out in the hospital any more.

So now I wait again. This surgery center is much larger than the thoracic surgical waiting room. Lots of people, no offense but I don't want to be around all these people. Especially the people with the hacking TB sounding cough. I am hiding in the farthest corner from humanity I can find. Maybe I will try to watch Netflix on the iPad while I wait. That should get my mind off all of this.

I'll post again after surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Hoping it goes quickly and without complications! Looking forward to making soups... Lol

    ReplyDelete